Activate an optimized version of the page designed specifically for screen readers.
Ambassador applications are due by May 15, 2017.
Points to consider as you apply for the West Virginia 4-H Dance Ambassador program.
The West Virginia 4-H Ambassadors have 3 objectives:
1. To promote the 4-H youth development program to all people.
2. To secure opportunities for older youth in 4-H.
3. To improve the 4-H youth program through leadership:
Ambassadors will gain:
1. Leadership opportunities and skills.
2. Teamwork successes.
3. Personal confidence
4. Training in public performance, dance performance, and team building
Ambassadors get the opportunity to:
1. Share ideas
2. Make new friends!
Dance Ambassadors must:
1. Must be 15 years old by September 1, 2017, to apply.
2. Participate in scheduled Dance Ambassador training retreats and performance practices. Retreats will be scheduled after applicants are selected and we will try to accommodate individual schedules as much as possible.
Participate in no less than 65% of designated activities per year. These activities may include but are not limited to: retreats and rehearsals, state, regional, or national, activities that promote and support the 4-H program in West Virginia. Examples may include: state fair, judging events, state camps, or county fairs.
4. Exhibit good examples of character at all times.
Tryouts will take place at Jackson's Mill on Wednesday June 21, 2017 beginning at 1:30 PM. Applicants must wear appropriate shoes to tryout such as tennis shoes or dance shoes. Please do not wear open-toed shoes or boots.
Note: Participants will need to expend some personal resources, such as time and money. While some expenses will be reimbursed, ambassadors pay for some of their own expenses (parts of uniforms, meals, some travel, etc.) for participation in the West Virginia 4-H Dance Ambassador program.
Survey Powered By